I’ve been shockingly neglecting you. I do apologise.
Things I haven’t been doing since I last wrote a post:
- Writing posts (goes without saying)
- Reading much on wordpress (unforgivable!)
- Painting (also contributing to a lack of posts)
- Mountain Climbing
- Learning to knit
- Visiting foreign climes
- Teaching belly dancing
- Writing love letters
Ok, so I hadn’t actually intended to do the last few but nevertheless they’ve been undone.
Things I have been doing:
- Settling into a new job
- Helping lead a Scouts group
- Getting a little more cultured – i.e. watching Andre Rieu on the TV
- Catching up with friends
- Plotting and planning new exploits
- Trying to get fit (1 half hour swim session in two months, and a fraction of the walking I would like to be doing)
- Watching Audrey Hepburn films, reading Terry Pratchett, rediscovering childhood favourite movies.
- Dusting off old dreams, and getting inspired again
One wise person suggested that we ought not only to have a to do list, but to also make a definite not to do right now list. In other words to purposely decide that you’re not going to commit to something so you can lend your time to the things you’ve prioritised. For example, saying I will not commit to Thursday nights writing blogs, because Thursday I really need to be devoting my time to Scout preparation; or Saturdays I will certainly not be committing to any events in town, because Saturdays are my painting days…
Of course this only works in theory.
So with that in mind here is a great time management quote:
The importance of time largely depends upon which side of the bathroom door you are on.